Minutes – 19/05/2015 – Annual Meeting
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE DRAYCOTT PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE PARISH ROOMS, ELVASTON STREET, DRAYCOTT ON TUESDAY 19 MAY 2015 AT 7.00PM
PRESENT – Councillors M Selwood, B Rogerson, V Clare, M Alexander, A Wilson, D Dundas, J Price, A McCandless, C Withey
1.ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL AND THE SIGNING, BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE – Proposed Cllr B Rogerson, Seconded Cllr M Alexander – RESOLVED that Councillor V Clare be elected Chairman of the Parish Council for the coming year. The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Councillors M Tudbury and D Orchard.
- CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS – Cllr Clare vacated the chair for discussion and voting on this item and was replaced by Cllr B Rogerson, Cllr Rogerson explained that Cllrs Clare and Dundas had declared an interest in the interviews for the casual vacancy as they knew one of the applicants. They had taken no part in the interviewing process that had preceded this meeting and took no part in the discussions or voting on this item. Cllr Rogerson informed the meeting that the RECOMMENDATION from the Councillors present at the interviews was that Clive Withey be co-opted as a Councillor for Draycott and Church Wilne Parish Council. It was Proposed by Cllr B Rogerson and Seconded by Cllr M Alexander that Clive Withey by co-opted as Councillor – RESOLVED. Councillor Withey signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
Councillor Clare then resumed the chair and welcomed all Councillors – those re-elected and those becoming Councillors for the first time.
- CODE OF CONDUCT – Councillors undertook to observe the Code of Conduct as to the conduct which is expected of members of the Parish Council.
- DECLARATION OF INTEREST – none
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN – Councillor M Tudbury – Proposed – Cllr V Clare, Seconded – Cllr B Rogerson – RESOLVED that Councillor M Tudbury be elected Vice-Chairman of the Parish Council for the coming year.
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN, VICE-CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF COMMITTEES – Proposed Cllr B Rogerson, Seconded – Cllr A Wilson
FINANCE – Councillor B Rogerson
PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT – Councillor M Alexander
LEISURE GREEN – Councillor B Rogerson
ST CHAD’S WATER LNR – Councillor A Wilson
PLAYING FIELDS – Councillor M Tudbury
CEMETERY – Councillor M Selwood
PARISH ROOMS – to be overseen by the Chairman of the Parish Council
Vice- Chairman and Members of committees
Finance – Vice -Chairman – D Orchard and Chairman and Vice- Chairman of Committees
Planning and Environment – Vice-Chairman – A Wilson – Members – J Price, D Orchard
Leisure Green- Vice-Chairman – C Withey – Members – M Alexander, M Tudbury
St Chad’s Water LNR – Vice-Chairman – A McCandless – Members – B Rogerson, C Withey
Playing Fields – Vice-Chairman – J Price – Members – A McCandless, D Dundas
Cemetery – Vice-Chairman – D Dundas – Members J Price, C Withey
It was noted that the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are ex-officio Members of all Committees
OTHER APPOINTMENTS –
RISLEY TRUST – D Orchard – appointment for 4 years term
1ST DRAYCOTT AND WILNE SCOUT GROUP – Councillor B Rogerson.
EREWASH COMMUNITY FORUM – Councillor A McCandless
DRAYCOTT AND LONG EATON TABLE TENNIS CLUB – Cllr B Rogerson
BOROUGH/PARISH FORUM – Councillors V Clare. D Orchard and M Selwood
DCC – Parish and Town Council Liaison Forum – Cllrs J Price and V Clare
ALL APPOINTMENTS WERE RESOLVED