Minutes – 14/11/17
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD IN THE PARISH ROOMS ELVASTON STREET, DRAYCOTT ON TUESDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2017 AT 7.30PM
Present; Chairman – M Selwood
Councillors – A Wilson, B Rogerson, J Fletcher, A McCandless, M Alexander, D Dundas, T Scott, D Gelsthorpe
Councillor R Parkinson (DCC)
Members of the Public – none
PART 1 – NON-CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS
119/17. Apologies- Councillor V Clare
120/17. Variation of Order of Business – none.
121/17. Declaration of Members Interests – none.
122/17. Dispensations – Dispensations had been requested and granted to all Councillors in respect of Draycott Millennium Green Trust business.
123/17. Public Speaking –
Councillor Alexander – commented that there had been recent parking issues on Market Street.
Derbyshire Constabulary – PCSO Pykett had provided a written report detailing 6 crimes and 8 ASB’s.
Derbyshire County Council – Cllr Parkinson had produced a written report. He also commented that Councillor Hickton was to meet an Officer from DCC shortly to discuss Sawley Road.
Erewash Borough Council – Cllr McCandless reported on Borough activities.
124/17.Minutes – RESOLVED to confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on the 10 October 2017.
125/17 To determine which items if any from Part 1 of the Agenda should be taken with the public excluded. – none
126/17 Chairman’s Announcements. – Councillor Selwood thanked the Councillors who had helped at the official opening of the Fitness Hub on the Millennium Green. She also thanked those Councillors who had helped at the Remembrance Sunday service and Martin Wilson for his help with the signage. It was agreed that both events had been most successful.
127/17. Report of the Parish Clerk –
i) Remembrance Sunday Service 2018 – RESOLVED i) to set up a Working Group ii) the terms of reference iii) that Councillors Selwood, Scott and Gelsthorpe be members from the Parish Council with Councillor Dundas leader of the working group.
ii) Request for a geocache placement at St Chad’s Water LNR – RESOLVED to approve the request subject to; i)the geocaches be sited a minimum of 10 metres away from the waters edge and ii) confirmation from the Council’s insurers that this will have no implications on the Council’s public liability insurance.
iii) EBC – The Mayor’s Award – RESOLVED to note that the Parish Council’s nomination of Mr K Moreton has been successful.
iv) St Chad’s Water LNR – RESOLVED to carry out path works at a cost of £5360 plus vat. Costs to be met from Concurrent functions and the Concurrent Functions reserve.
v) Draycott FC – request to use the playing fields – RESOLVED to note that the club had asked that the request be withdrawn.
vi) Fitness Hub – basket swing surfacing – RESOLVED to provide safety surfacing.
vii) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 – The IFO’s document (Preparing for the GDPR – 12 steps to take now ) was discussed and it was RESOLVED;
- Awareness – that the Parish Council notes the new legislation and the implications on the Council
- Information held by the Council – that an ‘information audit’ be carried out over the next 6 months in preparation for the new legislation and a ‘Retention and Disposal Policy’ for the Parish Council be approved and adopted so that the ‘information audit’ can be carried out in accordance with the policy.
- Communicating privacy information – that the Parish Council keep under review the requirements in communicating privacy information
- Individuals rights – that the Parish Council check the procedures currently set up for the DPA and any necessary alterations/additions are identified to enable the GDPR to be complied with in May 2018
- Subject Access Requests – that the Parish Council RESOLVE to check the procedures currently set up for the DPA and any necessary alterations/additions are identified to enable the GDPR to be complied with in May 2018
- Lawful basis for processing personal data – that the Parish Council keep under review the lawful basis for processing personal data.
- Consent – that the Parish Council keeps under review the consent requirements under the GDPR legislation.
- Children – that the Parish Council keep under review the consent requirements for children under the GDPR legislation.
- Data Breaches – that the Parish Council check the procedures currently set up for the DPA and any necessary alterations/additions are identified to enable the GDPR to be complied with in May 2018
- Data Protection by Design and Data Protection Impact Assessments – that the Parish Council keep under review the requirements for DPIA’s.
- Data Protection Officers- i) that the Data Processor be the Clerk to the Parish Council ii) that the Parish Council make no appointment of Data Controller until more information is available from DALC.
- International –not applicable to Draycott Parish Council. That the Retention/Disposal policy be adopted and published on the Parish Council web-site.
a) Accounts for payment and receipts since the last meeting.
Direct Debits –
JWP – Web-site Management 35.25
Erewash Borough Council – Rates – Cemetery 50.00
Eon – elec – Pavilion and Parish Rooms 58.08
Staff salary and wages 1791.59
Petty cash 72.23
St Chad’s Fishing club – litter picking 75.00
GB Water – Legionella testing 42.00
Paul Guyll – grounds maintenance 672.50
Horizon Landscapes Ltd – grounds maintenance 4315.06
Boston Promotions – signs for Fitness Hub 24.00
Excel Office Equipment – stationery 16.75
DGMT – Insurance premium – cycle track 165.45
Streetscape Products and Services – cycle track 15,744.00
D Sims – PA system – Rem Sunday Service 25.00
Hire Station – signage for road closure 335.30
1st Draycott & Wilne Scout Group – Ins recharge 763.32
b) Financial Statement – RESOLVED to note the statement.
129/17 Planning –
a)Application since the last meeting – RESOLVED to note that the following amended application was received and, due to the requirements of EBC, was circulated in accordance with Minute 087/17a). ERE/0817/0056 – Yew Tree House, Walk Close, Draycott – no objections.
130/17 DALC Circulars – 11/2017 – 13/2017
131/17 Items for Information – Came and Company (Council Matters 2017), DCC- Notice to remove – obstruction on the footpath (FP1), Clerks and Councils Direct.
The Clerk, CAB (e-mail), DCC – Information on the Parish/Town Council Liaison Forum (e-mail).
PART II – CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION – EXEMPT MATTERS – none